ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of my new 72 240. Don't know what I'm going to do with it yet (keep or sell).

I paid $400 for it. I geuss it sat for about 7 years before today. Needed a radiator, misc hoses, and more. Had to swap gas tanks in it. Runs pretty good, needs carb and valve adjustment. Lost brakes right when I got to my driveway. It's ok though, its an easy fix.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
that is nice! stick wider tires on it and lower it and the flares will look just like mine.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Thats a killer car for $400, I'd love to find one like that for that cheap. You gotta do something about those empty flares though:)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Definitely hang onto it. Looks like it would be a fun project. Hopefully the floor pans & frame Rails are solid.

·
Registered
800 Posts
hey Jason, put some wider tires on it and lets do a v-8 swap on it. I can come over and help with it. I bet we can talk Brad into helping

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
He already has a built 350 in his Chevelle, and a built 283 waiting for another chevelle to get ready. I've tried talking him into it. I'll lay odds that if someone finds a 4 or 5 speed to fit the chevy, he'll dump the 283 in.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
So thats the one Ive heard so much about!

No, Jason...do NOT let Mike rape your little angel there! Mike, keep those impure thoughts to yourself! This is a family site! :eek:)

Dont push it Brad........ too much impurity here.... hehehe

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was the nastiest ride home in the world! I really hope the weights fell off the right rear wheel and it isn't something that is gonna cost me a lot of money to fix. It would shake above 60, and going around corners. It definitely needs new struts all the way around. Frame and floors seem in good condition. Brad told me that there was some rust starting in the drivers side floor, but I haven't looked at it yet. Like I told Brad, I wouldn't mind a V8 swap, but I have no where to do it, and won't anytime soon, so it's stuck with an L6. If someone finds me a free T56 then I'll do the v8 swap, workspace, or no workspace. The flares really do look like crap. I've been thinking, and I think I will just redo them so they look right. They were so botched on there they wouldn't be worth leaving. I wish there were no flares, but to fix that now would be too much of a PITA. Under the hatch is GONE! Somone filled it with bondo. The whole shelf of the tail light panel, will have to be replaced.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
All right!!!! Don't worry about a place to do it. Mike and I can set you straight and help you with what you need. Consider the powerglide. They are some pretty good drag trannys. I can get rid of the flairs and put in new fender lips. No problem. Mike has the tool we need for that. You can weld aluminum...Just think of all the trick things you can build for it. Do it man!! Just think, one screamin 283 in a little 240!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Brad, like I said... Find me a Free T56 Transmission and I will do the v8 swap. No PG. They are no fun. Great for drag racing, but boring as a box of rocks on the street. Heh... I can take the engine out of Barney and drop it into the 240. There we go... Seriously though, I just gonna go with an N/A L6 engine. Gotta ditch the flares though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.