ZCar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Last time I had an intermittent CEL it gave a code. 27.5 mpg. How the **** did you manage that. I going with injector issues.
****. Code 34 and code 51. Good call. The only spare parts I don't have are injectors. Blah. Guess I'll dig into it over the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tucked away. So nice having a running one in the garage.

I have 1993 2+2 na done lot of the things done timing belt ,all hose change swap auto transport from my 1991,and the free flow pipes from 1991 300zx. The 300 run top shape, been on road trips love the power.I have z's since 1978,1985,1991,1993.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well did you get that injector replaced. Is she purring now.
It went from something resembling spring to something resembling **** outside. I don't deal with the heat like I did when I was younger. Can't tell any difference other then at random during idle. So, I'm not in a huge rush to do it.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
A good beer assistant helps a lot too!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Well now Mr. Cville it appears you have a cali car and a nice one at that. When you change out the injector I hope you are planning to do them all at the same time. Made the mistake of only replacing one and ended up having a second fail two months later. :frown.
MaxDoc

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The car was originally sold in Chicago. It has had the injectors replaced once already according to service records. Now, I don't know for a fact if it was all of them but the way it read it was. So, I was planning on chancing it with only doing the one that reads bad. Then again it also depends on which one reads bad.

Maxdoc and B in the same thread now if JT shows up (I know he wont) I won't know what to do.

Max is your son still into cars? Last I was on here you guys were chasing gremlins with the AEM standalone and his CAS.

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Totally rude of me I almost forgot thank you for the compliments on the car Doc it really is a great car I could not be happier with my purchase. Always a little scary when coping cross country blind to buy a car.

It was the most fun I have ever had purchasing a car. Out of the 20ish vehicles I've owned. A cross country flight followed by a cross country drive filled with good times good people and most of all good beer.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Just need Luminar and Mega to chime in and we'll have a little reunion!!!! LOL

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Ahhhh the memories....

Originally from Chicago??? Hmmmmm I thought only cali cars throw a 51 code. Man so much for the memory banks.....

As for the critters, we sold the 240sx to a gent in Utah. He still has it as far as I know. When he picked it up we told him that this was NOT a cross country car and it would be best to trailer it back home. He insisted on driving it back so we put the street map in and told him do not boost the car on street fuel. Well the temptation was too much and he boosted to about 25 psi which took care of the pistons in a hurry. Managed to limp it home and had to re-build the engine. Ohhhh well. We got the oldest sons eclipse finished just in time to have a soccer mom total the car on the way to the dyno for tuning. The engine and transmission was saved and put into his galant vr4. That car also got sold so he could import a 90 skyline which arrived 3 weeks ago. It is in perfect shape. The project now is a single turbo conversion with some mild tuning for about 500 ponies. SIGH .... it never ends around here......

As for the injectors do ohm them out and if any are above 13ohms I would change them. You have been there so you know what a pain it is.

Yeah I miss the old days when this board rocked with Mr. B, Dave, JT, you all, Mega, Lum and the list goes on. what the **** happened?

·
Registered
10,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah no idea on the code 51 being only for cali cars my knowledge was never good enough to have the ability to forget something like that.

I h wondered how importing the early model skylines was going haven't talked to anyone who has done it. Glad it worked out. Maybe next year I can do that.

Social media has killed Web forums.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Too bad...It was like family on the board. They all say times change, too bad not for the better in some cases. :(
Here is some pics on our newest family addition. The car does not even have a door ding on it. Roughly 66k on the clock and with the exception of the exhaust it is unmolested.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 46 Posts