ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need pictures of a super white Z (preferably factory wheel) with red calipers, black calipers, and white calipers. also, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON WHITE CALIPERS?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Seems like white calipers wouldn't stay white very long, with the brake dust and all.... 4EZT is going to have his calipers powdercoated in white... to match his super white Z. Personally, I like the way the red grabs your attention from behind the wheel.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i want to tone down the whole "look at me look at my car" factor. red just.... i dont really have a reason. i just flat otu dont want red, they are red now and it just never did it for me. and black hides it too much... i think img anna do white. and aces, i can keep it clean. i'd spray it with 2 coats of clear so i can keep the glossy look and clean easily

·
Registered
525 Posts
Where's your imagination? There's a whole rainbow of colors to be tried, and with calipers, you can do a different shade for every season. I thought Burgundy was right for my Pearl Gold machine's calipers, been that color for years, but I may try something different this spring. Your white Z is neutral, so virtually any other color will complement it.

You don't want the "look at me, look at my car" syndrome? I'm sorry, you drive a Z32 - goes with the territory. Not a subtle car! Tried a Focus? Or, a Passat? Never be noticed again.

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i dont know if i'll paint the letters, becuase i am spray painting them and not brushing, its going to be hard to get the letters. i wonder if i could buy a small amount of high temp brush paint

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
do in two steps if you want the letters a different color. First paint the color you want the letters to be then after letting dry THOROUGHLY use a q-tip and put a light coat of vaseline or similar on the letters and paint again the color you want the calipers themselves to be. Finish up by allowing to dry thoroughly and then clean really well. Apply a few coats of high tem clear coat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.