I blacked out everything, except the keyholes, as I didn't know how they would stand up to repeated use. For the windshield and back glass, I left the stainless trim out. For the rest, I sanded the parts with fine sandpaper, then primed with Rustoleum. Got some fisheyes, so I resanded and reprimed. After priming, I used Rustoleum Indoor/Outdoor black satin paint. It comes in a green and white can with lawn furniture on it. Again on one of the parts I got fisheyes, so I sanded it down and redid it. Use multiple thin coats and let cure for a couple of weeks (my car was apart anyway). I did this three years ago, and have had no peeling or chipping.