ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
> at this site if the image doesn't come up.
> Its not the best, but I thought I'd share
> it.

> Mike Golding
Here's the pic.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
> Here's the pic.

Nice Z there, Mike...what color is it? It also looks like you have the motorsport ground effects kit on there...

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Its 96 Corvette Green Metallic, and it is the MSA kit. (a lot cheaper than new bumpers too!, at least thats how I justified it to my wife)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey Mike!

>Mike,
The moulding around your windows is black. Is that paint or are they new seals that eliminate the chrome? That is part of the look I am going for with my Z.
Great lookin Z by the way!!

Craig76Z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blacked out moulding

Craig,
I blacked out everything, except the keyholes, as I didn't know how they would stand up to repeated use. For the windshield and back glass, I left the stainless trim out. For the rest, I sanded the parts with fine sandpaper, then primed with Rustoleum. Got some fisheyes, so I resanded and reprimed. After priming, I used Rustoleum Indoor/Outdoor black satin paint. It comes in a green and white can with lawn furniture on it. Again on one of the parts I got fisheyes, so I sanded it down and redid it. Use multiple thin coats and let cure for a couple of weeks (my car was apart anyway). I did this three years ago, and have had no peeling or chipping.

Good luck, Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.