Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey how is you clutch drivability wise

a couple of my buddies say im gonna hate the 6 puck - they know some ppl that have them and they always jerk 1st gear and they suck in traffic

- i know its gonna be a bit tougher but i dont think it will be a problem esp w/ a hydro clutch

i think the guys they were talking about had one in a fox stang which are cable clutch and a crx which i am not sure but am assuming is cable

my mom has a geo metro and my god the clutch is such a bitch (its cable) - i think its just a cable clutch thing?

Post Edited (Nov 6, 1:07pm)

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Re: phxZ31 - your clutch? - or other with performance 6 puck clu

Well it definitely grabs a lot more. Mines got no springs on it either, so it was even harsher than yours will be. But I got used to it, now I can drive it in traffic no problem, without my car jerking and bouncing at all. It was a bit difficult and annoying at first honestly, but I like it a lot now actually.
It really just takes a bit of driving to get used to.

Post Edited (Nov 6, 7:22pm)

·
Registered
782 Posts

Im running a 6 puck ACT clutch in my car and as far as a daily driver its a little extreme but my clutch is rated @ 514 ftlbs so its pretty stiff and taking off from a light it does make the car shimmy a little. I like the clutch alot as far as racing there is no slip but this car isnt my dialy driver...

·
Registered
7,924 Posts

Yeah I found that you need to be gentle when it first engages and its best if you give it more gas than normal. Before I would engage the clutch around 1500RPMs from a light and now its about 2500RPMs. The clutch doesn't slip very much at all, starting off from a dead stop when you're pointed up a hill is challenging at first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.