ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought u guys might like to check out some photos of my aus-build stock na 300zx.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2081102/1

I love this car, it's 90% restored mechanically and just needs a lick of paint and new rims to be 100% done. Opinions on my beast welcome =)

Post Edited (Aug 12, 6:19am)

·
Registered
662 Posts
<http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2081102/1>

Nice dude... keep her clean!

Post Edited (Aug 12, 9:52am)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Man I want those side boards (not sure what there called? The 300zx chrome things aka the very last pic at the bottom of the page) where can I get them??

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
its cool, the rear lights and steering wheel i dont like though, the front for lights on the bumper r cool

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback guys... I dont like the wood grain steering wheel much myself either as it was with the car when i got it, im thinking about getting a MOMO Jet wheel but that current one is really nice to use still so i'm in no great rush.

As for the tail lights they're infact one of a kind custom lights made locally here by a friend of mine although similar to the euro style lights they're infact very unique. I've coined them "Tace" tail lights named after my friend who made them. I'm in the process of getting a second mould done and will get some more updated pics when it's complete. I just couldnt bring myself to remove them, I like the agressive styling it gives it and doesn't make the rear lights look so **** big :)

Edit: I just saw JohnZBoy's lights, they look bad in my opinion. The arrows on the indicator lenses look very "toy-ish" but thats just me. I like mine better personally because they look more stock-ish and less fancy.

Oh and that "door sill cover" it's called is infact from Ztek but you're better off going directly thru them instead of via the specshop. Here's the url:

http://www.z-tekmfg.com/Z31cat.html

They have lots of great stuff made to order.

Anyway thanks for checking out my ride, I will update the page with more info about the car later. Peace!

Post Edited (Aug 12, 4:26pm)

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
85zx wrote:
> As for the tail lights they're infact one of a kind custom
> lights made locally here by a friend of mine although similar
> to the euro style lights they're infact very unique. I've
> coined them "Tace" tail lights named after my friend who made
> them. I'm in the process of getting a second mould done and
> will get some more updated pics when it's complete. I just
> couldnt bring myself to remove them, I like the agressive
> styling it gives it and doesn't make the rear lights look so
> **** big :)
>
> Edit: I just saw JohnZBoy's lights, they look bad in my
> opinion. The arrows on the indicator lenses look very "toy-ish"
> but thats just me. I like mine better personally because they
> look more stock-ish and less fancy.

Yeah. And they look nothing like these either:

instructions:
<http://thumper300zx.com/sharpenup/taillights/taillights.htm>

> Oh and that "door sill cover" it's called is infact from Ztek
> but you're better off going directly thru them instead of via
> the specshop. Here's the url:
>
> http://www.z-tekmfg.com/Z31cat.html
>
> They have lots of great stuff made to order.
>
> Anyway thanks for checking out my ride, I will update the page
> with more info about the car later. Peace!
Actually, it really doesn't matter who you go through. Both charge the same price. And I'm pretty sure Z-Tek ships them directly. The listing on thespecshop.com just gives more visibility.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow nice, I like those much better than the ones with the arrows. The top circles look a little bigger than the ones on mine too. I think my friend used a jam jar lid for them lol

Thats a brilliant write up of how to do them tail lights; I actually dont mind them with the exposed indicator and inside brake light. Wouldnt be hard to apply that write up to the same style as the ones I have either though.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just checked out your site too by the way; that dash restoration is amazing. That was a direct swap out im guessing? I was really lucky with my Z's interior, it'd been garaged for half of it's life prior to me owning it so the interior is literally perfect.

I love those anniversary edition models, Im jealous... hehe

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
In the US, those lower inner red sections are reflectors. In Europe, they're tail fog lights. Not sure, but I believe Australia might be the same way?

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im not really certain either to be honest; Im 90% sure that top lights are dimly light up just as driving lights at night, and the inside lower red lense is the brake light combined with the top lights getting brighter; all as default stock setup as far as I know. I've never followed myself at night so that's infact a good question lol

The Australian build cars are more similar to the Japanese build models if that's any help to any of you. Correct me if im wrong, I really dont know alot about the Aus-Build models. What I do know is the taillights here are all full normal lights as stock. Ive never seen a stock z31 with euro style lights here unless it was an import or custom made.

On an unrelated note I must say the Z community internationally really rules, they are extremely rare here in Australia; in good working order that is and that doesnt look like catsh*t. Great to see so many people looking after their z31 beasts =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.