ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these? Kyle and Yuichi recommend them so i'm considering istalling one now that it's christmas break.

Kyle or Yuichi,

Do you have these in stock

·
Registered
449 Posts
I recommend the Pertronix as well. Derek and I are running one on our '72 and it works very well. After we installed it, the motor was much smoother and had more zip. It doesn't really add horsepower persay, just more spunk. It's also good for higher revs, unlike the original points.

=-=-=
Vince Ogne
[email protected]

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i'm not expecting a hp boost, but i'm hoping to get rid of the backfires and have a better start and idle. This along with the carb tuneup should do her, and the pertronix is cheap enough. How about the install and adjustment? Was that easy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure how far you want to take your mods, but I just put a mallory distributor with an Ignitor in it up on ebay--search for item # 599176907

I set my buy it now for $65--I can't remember what I paid for the Ignitor, but the total package might be worth it to you

Jim

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm running the Ignitor as well on my 240z. Rather simple install. I also bought the Pertronix Coil for around $28. Lot easier to deal with then points. Search the archives there is a place called Retro Rockets that sells the Ignitor new for $65. http://www.vintageperformance.com/retrorockets/index.html Only major discussion I've seen about the Ignitor is over using the ballast resistors w/ stock coil. Since I'm also using the Pertronix Coil, I removed the ballast resistor.

Later,

Mike

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So what about the differences between the ignitor and the ignitor 2? Does anyone have the ignitor 2? Do they even make one for the Z?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.