ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 75 280z 2+2 w/260,000 miles and a junk 82 280zx n/t w/104,000 miles is there any parts that would work better on mine than the stock parts. Afm, trottle body, ign. parts, etc... I'm already using the fuel pump, injectors, and pressure regulator from the 82. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
If I am not mistaken, that block has flat-top pistons. Swapping blocks would give you increased compression and some added power with it. Nice combo with your N-42 head. Also, you should consider swapping to a 3.90 differential. This will really give your car some giddyup!

> I have a 75 280z 2+2 w/260,000 miles and a
> junk 82 280zx n/t w/104,000 miles is there
> any parts that would work better on mine
> than the stock parts. Afm, trottle body,
> ign. parts, etc... I'm already using the
> fuel pump, injectors, and pressure regulator
> from the 82. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
> If I am not mistaken, that block has
> flat-top pistons. Swapping blocks would give
> you increased compression and some added
> power with it. Nice combo with your N-42
> head. Also, you should consider swapping to
> a 3.90 differential. This will really give
> your car some giddyup!

About how much compression will that give me. I was just thinking of using the whole engine. I'm a high school student and don't have gobs of money to spend on high octane gas. I already have swapped the diff mine was really wore out didn't realize it was a 3.9 till I was done. I don't mind just have to figure out how to change the spedo gear. I use a 79 5 speed.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The compression should not be too much, maybe around 9.5:1. I use to run the E-88 head and a flat-top motor with no problem. The N-42 and the flat-top is a common combination. I had switched the gear in my diff long ago. I couldn't just swap the gear unit because it wouldn't fit correctly. I had to take off the nylon gear itself and swap it to the other gear unit in order for it to work correctly. One thing to consider, the 79 I believe has the P-79 head that is round port exhaust unlike the N-42 with square ports.

> About how much compression will that give
> me. I was just thinking of using the whole
> engine. I'm a high school student and don't
> have gobs of money to spend on high octane
> gas. I already have swapped the diff mine
> was really wore out didn't realize it was a
> 3.9 till I was done. I don't mind just have
> to figure out how to change the spedo gear.
> I use a 79 5 speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.