ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i were to change my auto to a stick, i know that i would need to swap the brake peddle and put in a clutch peddle. my question is would i need to change the mounting bracket that the peddles bolt in to. i was looking under there and it looks like there is a spot for the clutch peddle to go into. also can this be done easily, or does the dash have to come out.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You may not have to change the bracket. Look at where the clutch cylinder comes through the firewall and see if there are two mounting bolts. Next look towards the rear of the car where the clutch pedal would swing and see if there is a threaded hole for the adjustable stop - finally look up and further rear to see if there is a forked extension for the pedal return spring. If all this is there you will only need the hardware - brake/clutch pedals, pivot bolts/nuts/washers, clutch stop screw/bumper, clutch pedal return spring/nylon shim and the clevis pin/retainer for the clutch cylinder actuator. Yes you do have to take the dash loose to get the bracket in/out. It may be difficult to get the clutch pedal pivot bolt in (the head goes to the outside).

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
done it twice
get from a donner both peddles and pivot pins
also return springs and the clutch plunger that goes from the pedal to the clutch cyl.
the same bracket was used on both auto & stick cars
the dash stays in but you'll be on your back for a bit
patience
even when you drop a wrench on your head

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.