ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really Z related but any how, if you send some money via paypal to buy a product and you never recieve a product you just contact paypal and they give you your money back? how does that work? I've never been screwed yet just was wondering incase it happened one day. Somebody sent me an email with a stillen cat back exhaust forsale and told me to name my price so wanna make sure if it doesn't get sent out i won't be out my money. If i can get it fairly cheap i'm buying it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
you would probably have to file a dispute with Paypal within 45 days then they would get a hold of the other party to try to resolve the issue before giving you a refund.Check the person credibility with Paypal if he's register with them and also if he has known transaction in the past.Like we all know Buyer Beware.Good luck on your purchase...

ps... going to check out that white TT at Kuramaya.

Post Edited (Jan 21, 12:31pm)

·
Registered
199 Posts
i believe paypal only offer protection if the item is being sold on EBay, other wise it is a best effort try...but u should call paypal and ask...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Paypal is fine as long as you fund your Paypal account with a credit card which most of us do.

Do not transfer funds to Paypal any other way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've had some terrible experiences with Paypal transfers that went bad. I know that it often works out, but I urge you to take extreme caution. Paypal can rule in favor of the buyer or the seller, entirely under its own discretion. I think transactions outside of eBay aren't covered at all.

I do have one suggestion I am reluctant to make as an occasional seller, but I should tell you. [edit: didn't notice this was posted above :)] If you use your credit card to fund the transaction through Paypal, you can tell your credit card that the seller was a fraud. They will then charge back the amount and you won't have to pay. The credit card company will fight for you.

A lot of people charge things back on a perfectly good product and cheat sellers out of their merchandise, time and even more money. These people are frauds, but credit card companies want to protect their customers so they can maintain leverage opportunity. There's plenty of danger both as a buyer and a seller, and it's important always to keep that in mind no matter what role you play. Be courteous and try to come up with a mutually satisfying solution - but never let somebody break your balls.

Rob

Post Edited (Jan 21, 7:46pm)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.