ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do these Pathfinder intake manifolds go for (what have people been finding them for, $$-wise) ?? Also, am I to understand these are already bored-out enough to accept the larger throttle body for the Z31?

·
Registered
559 Posts
you can find them at a junkyard for cheap im sure..but you need other crap to go along with it..all in all im pretty sure everyone has been saying its not worth the gains, i may be mistaken though...especially if you have an n/a ...and by "the larger throttle body for the z31" you must mean the ka24de TB?

·
Registered
958 Posts
what are you talking about "not worth the gains"?? If you want info on the swap :
http://www.z31.com/pathy.shtml

But the swap is most definitly worth it. The Exaust/Intake should be the first thing you modify, and the gains are expedential (especially on a turbo). Here is how Z31.com puts it :

"The stock z31 upper intake manifold is horribly restrictive. You can gain a huge amount of power with a better flowing manifold. Some people have cut open, gutted, and re-welded the stock manifold. Others have fitted the much better flowing pathfinder manifold."

oh ya, errr, lets see. 88hybrid was selling a colored (black) pathy intake for $150. not sure if he still has it. Ask around. You could allways put up an add on this site or www.z31.com

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
What have people done to make this manifold fit? Ive seen some people adjusting the hood height; or simply cutting a hole or installing a scope. To my knowledge the best and least noticable way is to lower the engine mounts. Has anyone actually ever done this? Sounds like a huge job to me but I personally couldnt stand not having my hood close properly and ive never seen a scope that looked any good on a Z31.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
as 17_6 put it it's not worth doing on the non turbo and only half worth it for the turbo. For the non turbo you are going to see minimal gains no matter what mods you do so why go through the hassel of the pathy manifold? As for the turbo sure it helps a bunch but why again go through all that hassel when you can just get an Engloid style plenum. There is another guy over at z31.com making them now for I think 500 and they are bolt on, proven to work, require no mods to make it work under the hood, etc. Read the link that es3 posted and I bet most people who own a Z31 can't do that level of work themselves and paying for it to be done would cost a lot. Fact is that if it's between the pathy manifold or a gutted stocker I would go with the gutted stocker.

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
btw, I beleive shipping is 30 some odd dollars. Don't quote me. I'm just recalling what 88hybrid said. search it. I know its in the forum somewhere.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Dang Brian what was your question again? Oh yeah. They don't cost much. 50 bux or less from a junkyard but that doesn't mean much on ebay. From what I understand you need a few other things to make it work, like the Pathy distributor which sells for more than the manifold. I do believe you'd have to port the inlet to match the 60mm TB. Or the 90mm Q45 TB hehe.
Why don't you introduce yourself to these guys so they don't give you a lot of newbie info you don't need.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Pathy in not real easy to fit, or install. You must have parts of it machined to fit between the rails (nicely of course) and the motr needs to be lowered. If you have a turbo. The turbo will hit the frame before is low enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.