ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple as that, sometimes it doesn't close, sometimes it closes, but won't lock (like the door's open) and it rattles, and rarly it closes to where i can lock it. I don't drive many people around, but if i want to take a nice girl out in my Z, i'll look like a complete iddiot trying to close the door. Will i need a new door, or just some parts need some new screwes or what?

Should i expect this to happen to my dirverside door soon? is that worth getting checked out atm?

Also i'd like to stop working on this car, but i'm not about to sell it. Can anyone reccomend a decient Z mechanic in the concord, CA area (just east of Oakland, CA)?

-Donald (76 280z)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hey bud. Just check the places where the door meets the car, make sure nothings blocking it, check the connecters that hold the door in, make sure everythings nice and tight...

The rattle in the door, well take off the door panel and see if anything moves when the door jiggles, whatever moves....causes your rattle, weld it/tape it down.

Matt

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Some times if the bottom hinge pin is worn, when you close the door the roll catch wont engage on the striker plate. Have a look at your door when it is closed but not latched closed. If it looks like it is down a little bit then loosen the door hinges ( axcessed through the passenger kick panel) and lift the door a little at the back.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been there done that ! I bought a Z this year that was garaged for two years. Anyway my door started to do the exact same thing (passenger side) . It has alot to do with usage and lubrication. I sprayed some goop into the hinge alternating with opening and closing the door. I had to do this a couple of times, but it did the trick. Hope this works for you.
RC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.