ZCar Forum banner

Passenger door power lock

961 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MarkZ31 
#1 ·
I looked in the fsm BF 14 for something of help, but only raised more questions and no answers. I have a 90tt

When I use the key to lock the door, the passenger door only locks sometimes (maybe 10% of the time), but will always unlock every time. but not on a timer like the fsm suggests theres a timer in the wiring diagram. are the timers just resistors? Im more lost than when I started.

I just want the passenger door to lock when I use the key on the driver door.

If its just as simple as putting a new passenger actuator in/ new driver switch/ both, then I can do that. I just dont want to overthink the problem since it still works sometimes, and always unlocks still. I just want to narrow the problem down. Am i going to have to use a multimeter to find it or is the problem found?

#2 ·
I'm thinking it's the passenger actuator starting to fail. The driver side door key switch is also part of the alarm system so if it wasn't working you'd know it. This assumes your factory alarm system is still hooked up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.