ZCar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lined up to buy an '81 280zx that's been sitting for close to 30 years, the owner claims to have the parts needed to get it restored but hasn't had the time to install everything. There are a few hoses that lead to nothing as well as a towel blocking something in the engine underneath the exhaust manifold. I have a picture and am looking for answers as to what is missing, Thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Towel is covering up the power steering box I assume. I’m assuming it power steering because of the towel, lol.

I thought the line in the back of the compartment was an ac line how the end looks but maybe it a power steering, not sure why either is back there atm. I have manual steering so I can’t compare. Maybe the ac line runs up behind the block? I can’t remember and will have to look.

No exhaust exhaust pipe there below the manifold.

The PCV hose right up to the bottom of the intake manifold near the center outer edge.

And it looks like there is a ground that is not connected there. Cant see it well though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
The entire intake is missing (did you take it off or was it already gone?)
also the plug harness that goes into the O2 sensor plug on the exhaust manifold.
Need many more photos in order to get a clearer picture. Looks like this car may have a bunch of pieces laying around.

Bon

·
Super Moderator
1983 280ZX Turbo
1,410 Posts
I suggest you go to Nicoclub.com, download the service manual (free) and look at the exploded views of the engine. You should be able to use those views as a good reference.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
The one that mailnome marked as pcv is your pcv hose, the one marked O2 is correct the third one marked AC is wrong. That is actually the EGR valve tube. The AC compressor is sitting on the top left of the pic, Bonfire is right, your intake manifold and related parts are all missing. Need more pics to tell anything else. Z man of Washington

Reactions: bonfire79
1 - 5 of 5 Posts