ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I ma trying to hook up my HKS Turbo timer but I cannot find the parking brake wire :-/ anyway can someone help me out and tell me where the best place is to find this wire!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I was looking at the three harnesses underneath the dash on the left side and the middle harness which has a blue harness plug has a grey wire with a brown dot on it is this the parking brake wire? I hate wiring diagrams and electronics by the way! lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No help? :(

·
Registered
162 Posts
(V)erciless,
My Haynes was left in my Grandson's 84, and the FSM I have doesn't give color codes. That parking brake switch is one of the simplest circuits in the car. On one side of the switch is ground, then a diode and then the dash light that shows the brake is on. If you are trying to apply power to your turbo timer only when the parking brake is applied, the wire would be spliced in between the diode and the light. Put a voltmeter probe on the wire you think is the right one, turn on the ignition switch, pull the parking brake on and the meter should go from zero to 12 volts.
If you need 12v whenever the ignition switch is on, any switched wire would do the job. Never having installed a timer, I have no idea what the instructions read and why they would specify that particular wire.
The parking brake switch wire can probably be accessed in the wire bundle leading to the dash indicator lights.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks notdeadyet! the reason I have to use that piticular wire is becuase the turbo timer will keep the engine running after I shut it off and the turbo timer wont engage if the parking brake isn't engaged.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stu85na I am looking for a wire not the cable :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found it so I am good now thanks for the help guys :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
If anybody needs help with any wire colors let me know, i have access to alldatapro and also work at a circuit city and have access to all cars wiring colors and what they are.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.