ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I know. You're thinking, (why the **** would someone park his most prized possesion?). Well, its simple really. I'm starting college tommorrow, and I don't want to be driving my Z to college, and around Marietta, where people's cars tend to get broken into and stolen. I have an 89 Ford Tempo, which was given to me by a complete stranger...heheh. He thought it needed a new transmission, it was slipping. Took it to AAA Transmission and they fixed it for $89. Lucky me...hehheh. And the car only has 89,500 miles on it. Not a bad little car, especially with these **** gas prices. So the Z is now sitting in my Grandfather's barn, (a nice barn) with a car cover on it, all alone. I get a little depressed when i mash on the pedal in my Tempo and nothing really happens, but once my insurance goes down some I will insure both cars and drive the Z on the weekends. On the upside, my Z is not my daily driver anymore, so I can work on it at will, and finally get a chance to do some of that serious stuff that Horsepower fanatics dream of. Also, to 88hybrid, sorry that I didn't buy those injectors from you, college is blasted expensive, and the money I had planned for you had to be used for other crap. So good luck on your AWSOME project, when its done, tell us about all the snapped Rear axles, twisted driveshafts and trannies your gonna blow up from all that HP your gonna be making with your freaking cool engine setup. Also if I have any money left after tuition, and can keep my scholarships, I would be interested in one of those sweet turbo kits. Also, about what did your SDS system run you and how hard is it to get setup. Thanks a lot, and Z you guys later.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
make sure the cover you're using is a GOOD cover, I know when you say BRAN the first thing that comes to mine is f**king BIRDS, yes bird doodoo will screw up your day, also, not sure how long you're going to keep her parked, make sure your fuel tank is full and I mean FULL all the way up to the neck and add a stabilizer to it before hand, run it for few minutes to make sure the stabalizer runs through your lines.
good idea to put her up on jack stands, save your tires if they are new, make sure all windows are closed all the way up so little aunts a nd sh*t like that don't go in, specially in a barn, I'm sure there are other things to do with a car when you store it but theese are the important stuff, specially the fuel, don't forget

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No prob on those injectors. Somebody will email me for them sometime.

I appreciate the comments! You are doing the same thing I did, get youreself going hold on to the Z, and work on it as youre $$ and knowledge grows.
SDS $1400, not hard to set-up!

·
Registered
447 Posts
th2thmansz - why would you want to fill the gas tank all the way up and do the stablilizer thing? I've always tried to leave the tank as empty as possible so that its not full of old gas when i come back to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Beware of mice in a barn! I had a vintage jeep wagon parked in my uncles barn and the mice got into it---better to put traps than Decon as the Decon will kill them, but then they just die inside the vehicle. . . nasty . . .

·
Registered
559 Posts
um wouldnt a trap kill them after a while of starving??? i guess not if youre there constantly..well anyways...good luck to you i hope the money rolls in for you soon..i seriously wish i had the luxury to garage my z and slowly build it to a super dooper clean turbo machine like 88hybrids.. but i dont have the cash flow for that now..i need to wait it out for a few years...i really want a vq v6..an altima ser 05 or a fastima 3.5 or a 350z or a g35.. meh, someday in the distant future..who knows...but good job taking care of it..alot of people ditch these cars thinking they have no value..thats why im trying to sell mine on here, i know these guys care alot about z's i dont wana turn it over to some kid (dumber than me) so he can just drive it into the ground and crash the poor thing...she needs a warm loving home..tear

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
A tank that is not full will have a higher chance of condensation forming inside of it. Water in fuel is BAD! A full tank will combat this. The fuel stablizer will keep the fuel "fresh" Plus it takes a pretty long time for fuel to varnish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.