ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to repaint my 280ZX and i don't know what color! help me decide...i was thinking black w/ high gloss...please let me know what you think.

thanks a lot i really appreciate it!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Black is very nice when it's clean and polished. But it has a bad reputation in several areas:

* Makes car too hot

* Shows swirls, imperfections, dirt

But then again, it would depend on exactly what you plan to do with the car. A daily driver? See above notes. Weekend pleasure vehicle, show car, rallye car, etc? Black would be great.

If you decide Black is not for your car, then let your imagine and preferences take you where you want to go. Keep an eye out on the road and in parking lots. You'll begin to pick up some ideas based on what looks good to you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey ryz paint that Z black. I have a 83 280zx that i just got repainted black but it was always black i just got into some accidents. Anyway it looks great but dirt and swirls really do show up but it is nothing like everyone talks about and i've always said if your cars not black it better be a ferrari and red.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Paint it a color that will look good with the interior. Tan paint it White, or black, blue interior paint it silver, black interior, paint it white, some sort of red..

black is a pain to keep clean and if you have to do alot of body work, paint it white its forgiving..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.