ZCar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a new to me 76 280z. The prior owner told me the paint code was 510 sky blue. After starting some minor body work I bought touch up paint and it doesn't appear to match. Does anybody recognize this color? I'm hoping it isn't custom and I don't think it is as misc under carriage parts and engine bay match.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
If stock the only other color that it looks like to me is 305 Light Blue Metallic. If that doesn’t match you might be in the custom world. What does the placard say under the hood near the radiator on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Hi all. I have a new to me 76 280z. The prior owner told me the paint code was 510 sky blue. After starting some minor body work I bought touch up paint and it doesn't appear to match. Does anybody recognize this color? I'm hoping it isn't custom and I don't think it is as misc under carriage parts and engine bay match.
maybe the paint underneath (square area) was just faded and then it was repainted over. first thing you can do is look at the ID plate in the engine bay... I believe its on the drivers side near the strut tower, or on the firewall. this plate will tell you the stock color code. for all the information and references you need for the 280z, click here: www.xenonzcar.com

according to the paint code in the S30 section, 510 is BLUE and 503 is LIGHT BLUE METALLIC. these cars have been around a long time and many of them have been painted over. more than once.
its possible that the car still had its stock color, but when it was repainted, the color was not available and someone used the next closest one. just a possiblity.

Bon

·
Registered
656 Posts
The paint on your car is definitely metallic. I believe the other blue offered was single stage blue. All of Nissans metallic paints at the time were two-stage. Pull up the carpet under the hatch and check the factory overspray in that area and in the spare tire well for the original color.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If stock the only other color that it looks like to me is 305 Light Blue Metallic. If that doesn’t match you might be in the custom world. What does the placard say under the hood near the radiator on the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Unfortunately that placard is gone. I checked. I will check the spare tire area and report back. Thank you all for your kind help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the trunk area is the same color. I ordered some of the Light Metallic Blue touch up. Lets see if that works.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts