ZCar Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 240z paint code 112 Lime. The car is original paint and is rust free. I want to do some touch up of stone chips, etc. I went to both my DuPont and PPG paint stores and bought a small mix of code 112. Neither mix was close, they were both too yellow. Does anyone have a good mix formula or paint source for paint code 112? The color camera custom mix did not work very well either.

Thanks

Roy

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
There are 2 ways to go about getting a modern paint code for your z's and 280 zx's. I've done this plenty of times through the years and I'll use an extreme example. It involves using an automotive paint store that has the program on their computer to scan a color and find a modern paint code for it. I had a customer bring me a thermos with a light burgundy band on it and it was chuck full of metallics and pearls. She wanted her 240 to be painted that color if possible and I was doing a restoration for her. I told her no problem but it would take a week or two. I took it to the local paint store and they scanned it for me and I went back to the shop. A week or so later they called me with 2 paint codes. The one we chose is called Romanesque Crimson Pearl over Brickyard Red and it's a 4 stage paint. It turned out beautiful, it's one of those jobs that got her lots of attention. I've done this numerous times through the years. Another way to find a color is to spot a newer vehicle with the color you want, get the year and model and go to the paint store and they'll look up the paint code, or you can always look through miles and miles of paint chips which isn't very practical. In your case Crownir, you can go to the paint store and tell them that you want some touch up for for a 2018 or 19 Dodge Challenger in the Lime Green color. Not sure what Dodge calls it but they did use that color and it should be close enough for touch up. FYI, that color was also used on the 1979 280 zx in limited numbers. Z man of Washington

1 - 3 of 3 Posts