ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a P90A head and don't know much about it. Can anyone tell me the difference between the P90A and the P90. I know the A is hydraulic but what does that do for me. I was told I don't have to adjust the head as much...?... Do I want to keep this one or try and get the P90. Can someone shed some informative light on this. Or tell me where to find some good info on the head.

Thanks

PinkZGirl

·
Registered
361 Posts
> I have a P90A head and don't know much about
> it. Can anyone tell me the difference
> between the P90A and the P90. I know the A
> is hydraulic but what does that do for me. I
> was told I don't have to adjust the head as
> much...?... Do I want to keep this one or
> try and get the P90. Can someone shed some
> informative light on this. Or tell me where
> to find some good info on the head.
> Thanks
> PinkZGirl

First,
What do you want out of this motor? The two heads are identical in all respects except for how the valve lash is adjusted. Obviously, in the P-90A, you don't adjust anything, it is done by the hydraulic lifters. The advantage is you don't have to go in and adjust them every so many miles. however, they are a wear part, and over time, will wear out. But with proper care, ie oil changes, they will last a really long time.
As for finding good info on the head, my site had a really good page on the P-90 heads, but I took it down for revision, then lost the whole thing. I am almost finished with my rewrite, and should post it back up soon,(soon is in the next two weeks, I know, the site says two weeks, but it also says I lost the stuff, it is coming back!).
There really is no reason to switch to another head if you are not having probs with yours. If the lifters are worn out in yours,(loud noises, from the valve area), then it might be better to go with a P-90. But I don't see that prob, so keep what you have.
-Bob Hanvey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.