ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Laddies and Gentlemen... I direct your attention to the center ring....

In the NA corner, weighing in at 53.5cc, with the evil exhaust liner, the P79!!

And in the turbo corner, weighing in at 54cc, with the square exhaust ports and the hydraulic rocker arms, the P90a!!

All kidding aside, I was wondering what the differences between the two heads is/are. I have stated some obvious ones that I know of above, but I was wondering if I am missing something. I am most interested to find out if someone has shaved the P90a head before. Bryan Little's site under <u>Links</u> (Do I mention his site too much or not enough??) talks about shaving the P79, and I am pretty sure that it would apply to the P90a as well. Any information or thoughts would be helpful.

In case anyone is currious, I decided that the 3L stoker was a bit too much for what I wanted. I flirted with the idea of a turbo (I really don't like turbos though) and a Ford V8, but these ideas are starting to get a bit too expensive.

jA

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you dont wanna go turbo, try something else.
If going turbo... the P90A is the best options of the 2. If still going NA and have no other option... taking into account that both heads have similar chamber volume, use the P90, the exhaust port design on that one is supposed to be the best flowing head besides the one that came with square ex ports in the 240 or something like that.

Anyway, if not going turbo your hp level wont be high enough for you to suffer from the possible problems presented by the P90A beside the "solid" P90.

About shaving... be very careful, and consider cam tower shims to avoid loosing cam timing.

Z-ya

carlosZXT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.