Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else other than the writer done the mod
listed under//www.geocities.com/motorcity/2824/head.html? My engine is currently sitting on a stand waiting for my P79 head to get back from the shop from being milled the 80 thousands,early280 valves,cam tower shims,and spring shims,then he said he still had to use the third cam gear hole.What about valve/piston clearance?How about cams can I use one? can I get around using the third hole?My piston already sits slightly above the deck what about using A high cr gasket such asthe HKS metal one?What about rockers if I had A lash pad wipe problem could I use the pads from the 2430Z head since they are 3mm longer?
Please help me im going through withdrawl from my Z JIM

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> I probably would not shave the head the full 80 thousands because if you blow a head gasket in the future, you will have to REPLACE the head. I have an 83 280ZX and I'm currently installing a P90 head. I had 40 thousands shave off and I has a little better compression. I'm still in the process of tweaking things...

Best Regards.

·
Registered
59 Posts
... I probably would not shave the head the full 80 thousands because if you blow a head gasket in the future, you will have to REPLACE the head

Just wondering, why would you have to replace the head if you only blow a head gasket?
You're not suggesting that someone use a 10:1 motor with a turbo or nitrous are you?

Bryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.