Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Derek,
Thanks for the input on the head swap, you put me on the right track to finding the right info. I scrapped the E31 idea. This presents me with another dilema. I want to go ahead and deck my p79 to get about 9.8:1 compression (supposedly the safe limit for pump gas) and put my clifford four barrel manifold on it (out of nescessity rather than preference.) Is there going to be a problem with putting carburation on a fuel injected head, and if so what's the solution? Thanx again.

·
Registered
361 Posts
> Derek,
> Thanks for the input on the head swap, you
> put me on the right track to finding the
> right info. I scrapped the E31 idea. This
> presents me with another dilema. I want to
> go ahead and deck my p79 to get about 9.8:1
> compression (supposedly the safe limit for
> pump gas) and put my clifford four barrel
> manifold on it (out of nescessity rather
> than preference.) Is there going to be a
> problem with putting carburation on a fuel
> injected head, and if so what's the
> solution? Thanx again.

you will have no problem with the carb. the difference is the FI heads had a notch for the fuel injectors. if you are super hard core, you can weld them up, then grind it down to match. Many people are using the FI heads with carbs and no probs. Take your 4 bbl manifold and make sure you can bolt it up, they changed a few bolt holes on the p series heads, but it shouldn't affect you. i am running the p-90a on mine with a triple carb setup - no probs, and you shouldn't have any either.
-bob hanvey

·
Registered
324 Posts
I did the same thing with a '75 head. I had the fuelie ports mig welded up, and the whole thing ported, polished, and match-ported to a carb. manifold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.