ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a turbo engine yesturday. I am so happy now!

anyway, I didn't plan the whole trip at all. I didnt have an engine stand for it, I didnt have a cherry picker to take it out of the truck bed that transported it either. L28 Engines are frickin heavy ya know. I was thinking that most auto stores rent out cherry pickers so it would be no problem. I should have called first because in GA they don't and thats a big problem. Florida does! but I live in GA. I got the engine stand though.

I know people that own cherry pickers, but for some reason NOBODY was home. We couldn't really move that **** engine at all, so there was no way to lift it out of the bed by hand, we didnt have a swing set, etc. It was overcast, it rained like **** earlier and it seemed like it was going to rain again. I dont my engine ruined by rain. So I think my dad or brother decided to lighten the engine! I was going to take it apart anyway, so it was a good Idea. We proceded to take the manifolds off, the alternator and the AC compressor. Wow! it worked! my lil bro and I could lift the block with the head on it out of the truck and onto the stand. We only had 3 transmission bolts though, so we are hoping it will stay on the stand till we find something better to hold it on there.

Now, onto the rebuild!

Don't be stupid like me, don't plan your trip to pick up an engine the night before without first getting important things like ENGINE HOISTS. Equipment rental places are pretty much closed on saturdays.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You know, I got sick of running around for that stuff so I just bought one of each. They are not to expensive if you shop around. I think I picked up my hoist for 150.00 out the door, and it sure has been such a help not worrying about renting and how to get it home and all that crap.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my dad lives there

i am going to be down that way thursday my dad lives out on highway 17 right outside kingsland
dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.