ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 87na Z (reluctantly) and the KBB puts it at $1600 to $1800 as a private seller. I looked at AutoTrader.com and very similiar Zs in my area are asking literally twice that. I'm in the Raleigh, NC area. Anybody else getting twice the Kelly Blue Book value for their Z?

Mine is in really good shape, and I'm trying to ask a reasonable price, yet get the most for it. Thanks..........

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here in Canada, for 1987 n/a in good condition can run somewhere between 3500 to 5000 cdn. Ofcourse lower mileage such as 30,000 miles will run close to 8,000 cdn. For a rust bucket I have seen 1500 to 1800 cdn

Then again, for the right color of the car such as red with the right buyer and after market rims even with 80,000 miles. I have seen it sold at 7,000 cdn

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
hahaha Autotrader.com is a f'ing Joke!!! everyone that lists their cars on that stupid site figures out what price is their car and then add $3000 on top of that!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Autotrader people are jokes and lie about the condition of their car, i mean, i saw this 1994 MR2 non turbo with a unfixed collision damage for 7,000. What, is he serious? it's even got over 180,000 miles on it.!

·
Registered
23 Posts
MaxZ,
Best thing you could do is go to your bank, give them a description of the car, what the highs are, ( power windows, power seats, T-tops...things like that), the lows, (milage, faded paint job, cracked windshield) if it's auto...it will be more, A/C helps. Find out what the bank will loan out on it. They will also tell you what it is worth. I have a 89' 300ZX 2+2, power everything, auto, cruise, T-tops, with 115,000 miles. It's worth $3,500. I paid...$300.00. I think I got a pretty good deal.
Good luck.

TheMetalgod

·
Registered
36 Posts
1984 to 1988 z's are not desirable vehicles, and unless you have a 89 or later, dump it unless you have a seperate stable where you can house it and work on it for the next 10 years. Nissan prices are based on todays vehicles, which means you will pay as much for a 84 to 88 part as you would a 350 part. As an example, a new 5 speed transmission retails for approximately $2900 from Nissan. Whats the car worth, ? $1000 to$1500?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bite your tounge, its not always about pure monitary value, the cars themselves have an appeal to them, and so what if the transmissions cost as much as the car is worth, thats part of the fun...or folly, I haven't decided yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.