ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done an oil change sunday . the car had 7 quarts of oil in it put in 2 quarts with new filter and one can of rosoline and no more tapping thanks to everyone who helped me and for not getting mad at me for so many posts on tapping lifters. whenever I need advise on my z I come here first then I ask other mechanics in Louisville KY. and most of the time I don't take thier advise anyway because the ones in here know what they are talking about LOL thanks again guys.

Post Edited (Jul 27, 9:40pm)

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
wwwwhat?!!!!

Do you know how much oil is supposed to go into the engine?

3-7/8 quarts without the oil filter

4-1/4 quarts with the oil filter

Are you sure you know what you're doing?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
SEVEN!!!!! are you freaking serious???
and you put in TWO!!!
you and whoever changed oil before and both idiots!!!7 is way too much and two is not nearly what the engine needs, I hope you read domdoggs post.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I hope you havent started it... or you will blow every seal and gasket on your motor. its 4 1/2.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I put in two quarts of oil AND ONE QUART OF ROSOLINE .
now reading full i had the car on ramps when I changed it though so it might not have drained it all out .when I done the oil change.
I"M NOT the one who put 7 quarts in it though I know better than that I have been working on cars for 20 years now.I thought it took something like three with no filter and 4 with new filter anyway my car is running fine now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.