ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the downpipe on, and it hits the Steering shaft!! ****, LOL. Always when youre trying to finish by a deadline. Grrrr... By the way, I am Personalizing my plates. Used to be a screenname, but my car does have lots of hybrid parts, so it will be 88hbrd!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
You seem calm and collected. I'd sound like a Tourret's patient about now. If it was easy we'd all be in our garages under the hood.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really couldnt tell you, I just adds up. I keep track of the cost of my parts, but never seem to keep track of all the little $20-40 trips to Home Depot, and ect. This project has cost about $1000. If you were to buy, or have someone do this, it would be well over $4500. Im guessing though. The cost of the project was basicly the turbo, and the Wastegate. The intake, was about $45 in Aluminum, and a used Ford throttle body, for $15. =$60 Plus $50 to have the Stocker cut up for the base plate. $110 for the Intake. 20hrs of labor though. I kinda stopped thinking about how much money I have in it, and started thinking, how neat this will be in my sons garage in 50 years!! To answer you question, about $20k

·
Registered
257 Posts
I second that motion!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just had a thought. Remember the toy called "Slinky"? That's what Jonn Jones reminds me of. It really has no purpose and is useless as **** but when you push it down the stairs, .........it brings a smile to your face.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hybrid, Did you get the pipe problem corrected? How close are you to bringing this creature to life? Wish I were closer I'd give you a hand. Who beside Jonn Jackoff wouldn't want to be there to hear the first roar.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The downpipe will get re-positioned tonite, and I will reassemble the rest of whats not done, fill with fluids, on Sunday. I still need a 4an oil feed, and a 12an drain line, so...ill get them this week, Probably Wendesday,or Thursday, install them, and fire it. Hopefully All goes well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
best of luck to you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.