ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing Tokico Illuminas and an LSD (I hope, I hope) soon. I would also like to get quicker steering response especially with the wide front wheels and tires and wondered if anyone has any opinions on the Quick steering knuckle. Now is a good time to install them but wont if the responses are all negative. Does it require the tie rod ends to be adjusted and front end re-aligned?

Scottie

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the 10mm shorter knuckles, along with 9" rims running 255/45/15 tires. This combination requires a compromise. Great cornering, but the handling will be a bit darty. The wide tires will grab ruts in the road, and the quicker steering will make the steering wheel jump around in your hands. I run my Z in ProSolo2 so this is a must set up. If you like to cruise alot be prepared for quirky handling. I would get the front end realigned.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I had them on a 240 with 205/60r15 tires. Steering was a little tougher at slow speeds, but overall I liked the "quick" feeling. Probably not recommended for lots of higher speed driving due to the dartiness. Especially not recommended if you run really wide tires all the way around. Definitely requires realignment since the arms are shorter than stock.
greg
71 240z

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phillip/Greg,
thanks for the input, but now I am really torn on a decision. Like Phillip, I had 9" rims and 245s all around. One of the front tires was bad and I did not like the heavy feel, so I switched to 225s which now look a little lost in the flairs. I want to go back to 245s. The car will see competition but I am concerned about the dartiness as I will be on Road courses with decent straights where I could easily see 125+. In addition, the 2 primary tracks I will run, Savannah and Moroso, I have to drive 600 and 350 mile roundtrips respectively.

Think I will do the shocks, poly steering rack and T/C bushings and see how it feels. Dread the thought of a 600 mile trip darting in the rain with 245 tires.

Scottie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.