ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, how reliable are the 90-96 300ZXs? Are the twin turbo versions significantly harder to maintain or not? Most of the ones I have seen for sale are some shade of white, why is that? Did they make a ton of white ones, or are those the only ones people want to sell?

·
Registered
968 Posts
I've never had to fix one -- but then I've never had one with more than 100K. With as much as they are to fix, I think I'd look for low milage, and maybe skip the 90 model). The 93 is the last year without passenger airbag. That's the year I'd get -- not too old or new. The main thing is get one that has been TAKEN CARE of. If you have any doubts about whether the car has been pampered or not, just walk away!!! I don't care if you plan to drive it hard, just be sure the seller didn't! Beyond that, they are one of the most awesome cars I've ever driven!

·
Registered
118 Posts
yes, look for one that's newer than 1990, the newer the better, interms of mileage and wear, generally. not particularly requiring lots of maintenance. twin turbo needs more oil changes, but make sure you don't get one that's been neglected. watch for insurance cost. definately not as cheap as a 240z!!! very, very, fast and wonderful car. i like those with t-tops.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I had a 91 Pearl Yellow TT. It had Borla exhaust, HKS intake and stillen computer for 396 HP. Was the most powerful awesome car I;ve ever had (about 20 of them). Only problem I had, which is common when they are modified, is clutch only lasting about 35-40k miles

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I have only seen 1 white one in Maryland most are Black but I don't see to many of them

only two things bad about them

1. parts will kill you try to buy anything for them and boy do they get you on the price tag

2. my friend had a TT M/T and the Trans went he took it all over Maryland and could not find a shop that could fix it even his dad owns a shop
and they still could not get it fixed se he sold it sniff sniff I miss that car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.