ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 76 280z.i unhooked the wirers that go to the two sensors on the front of the motor by the water neck. the two with the bullet conneters about a foot back from the sensors.heres the thing i had the wires marked from when i pulled the motor out but the tape that i use had dried out and fell off.i pluged the wire in the way i thought they went.i had the car running when i pluged them in after i pluged them in about 1 min after i pluged them in the car start running really bad. i then unpluged the wires and the car began to run fine.can any one tell me how these wires go thanks ahead of time.freez.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
peel back the outer insulation near the bullet connectors (not on the ends that are going to the sensors...) you will see numbers printed on each wire. all the wires in the efi harness has numbers that corespond to the fsm schematic.
the water temp sensor gets wires 49 and 13.
thermotime gets wires 46 and 45.
don't you think it is time for a factory service manual? maybe santa will bring you one, if you are nice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks john. i know i need to get a fsm but just don't have the $$$$$$$$$ right now.but thanks for the help.i could have got this car running as good as it does with out all of you..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.