ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted a response in the "Banter & Chat" Forum asking a "Technical" question...
I apologise to all the nit-pickers out there...it will never happen again!!!...so now here it is in the politically correct forum...Will the "Talking Lady" from the later Z-cars fit into a 1st Generation Z???...yes, yes, I know...anything will fit anything...if you use a big enough hammer...but I want it to work properly & without costing a
couple thou...I suspect there are sensors involved too...special wiring, etc...that's
OK IF I can do this in my garage...any suggestions?????...THANKS!!!! :eek:)

· Registered
323 Posts
Re: Talking Lady

I have the same idea. I have the compnents from an 83 and plan on using it in my 1970 to tell me when the lights are on. I was just going to hook up a battery to the computer on a table and a speaker and put power to other wires untill I figured out how the thing works.

Write down what wires need to go where and wire any relays if you think it is nessisary. That's all. You can put a small amp in there too if you want her to be loud! ...and use a big enough hammer.

· Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Talking Lady

Thanks for the tip...I wonder if the "talking lady" works by receiving an electrical signal (power) from the unit that is "on" thru a dedicated wire...if so could I tap into
the power ("on") wire to that unit (lights, door, etc) and it would work???...please post your success...what does the computer cost???...(junk yard, of course)... :eek:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.