ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appear to be gaining the upper hand in the battle .To catch ya'll up....The rear brake assembly in my 78 was different on the passenger side then original. Previous owner change , I guess. I have a parts car (just got a couple of weeks ago )and wanted to put original equipt. back in. Well it was a major battle just to get the drum off parts car ( see previous post "I lost my temper") but I eventually got that off (in pieces) Today I went after rest of job. (see next post" I cooled off...Help")Man ,I learned a lot today.I had to take off half axles...the large nut that hold 'em on is major.(About one hour for each of the two I took off today) Then I beat the axle out. Whoops , bent the threads on the first one. Thats a no return item. Little smarter on the second,thats the one I'm using. The sum of all this is that I got it all back in...tomorrow I just gotta put the shoes in...drum on ...tire on, bleed the system and I should be o.k , both of them on the rear the same (fingers crossed here). I even got the hardware to fix the emergency brake (which I've never had) .Z-school is tough!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I thought I told you to put down the claw hammer and get a slide hammer.

I know your dad or shop teacher told you:
"Use the right tool for the job."

Buy stock in WD40 company.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.