Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But i want to ask for the heck of it :)

I have pretty much stage III TT (intake, pulley, ASHpec) exhaust is coming soon, what would i HAVE to have to have 500-600WHP. Is this attainable on 94 octane gas? I know exhaust, and boost controller but what else. Can i stay out of the block, meaning all bolt ons?

Post Edited (Jan 5, 12:08am)

·
Registered
6,566 Posts
Turbos, injectors, intercoolers, clutch, dual intake.

500rwhp on the stock internals is doable.. but I wouldn't recommend it. (600rwhp is not). You'd be looking at forged rods/pistons at least to cover that area.

·
Registered
506 Posts
im pretty sure wagz car 700+ hp is on stock internals....

·
Registered
776 Posts
Money, money and more money!!! To reach that level is a pretty major upgrade and I agree with sj300zx that you should be looking at upgraded internals. I believe Tim (SilvertwinOH) is close to 500rwhp and Bob (Tturbo) is around 600 rwhp and I think both of them have changed internal components as well. Don't forget other items as well clutch, transmission, wheels/tires, brakes etc. The biggest thing is to ask yourself why you want to go that high. At those kinds of HP the car can become pretty scary to drive.

Rich1
90TT

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Stock internals are good to go for 500hp. Beyond that and new pistons are in order. I'd say at 600 you should be looking at new rods as well.

Nissan always (until the 350Z) built at least a 150% safety margin into the internals of the engine. They always limited it by using fuel and air.

·
Registered
206 Posts
if i were you, i would look at the dyno posts over at tt.net and check the profiles of the cars. i'll tell you now that you have a long way to go.

Post Edited (Jan 5, 8:51am)

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
blacksc............

I think if you get your exhaust, you will notice enough of a differance to be satisfied with the performance. Super modded TT's are fun to talk about and to drive on warm summer weekends out in the country or on a track - but as a daily driver - forget it. Too expensive and when things break, just as expensive the second time around. They are so fast, you need lots of room - no fun in traffic! Don't get me wrong, I love my car, it can be very intimidating - it is just flat out a rocket. My Porsche friends I drive with are just amazed at the car. Just keep in mind that you can drop 30 to 40 grand very quickly and you will never get it back. Come to Mn this summer - I'll give you a ride and you can judge for yourself.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the posts guys, i want to start buying the parts for the swap, once i have the parts, i can have it all done. The car is not a daily driver and nothing scares me since i have been a race car driver for many years. Not some punk kid trying to screw around. Nothing better then rolling around on sunny spring/summer days and getting hard on the boost feeling the wind blow thru the t-tops, really gets the adrenaline going thinking about it. Something i want to have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.