ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 79ZX non turbo, does anyone know what happens if you tighten or loosen the air by-pass screw on the air flow meeter? also can anyone tell me how to adjust the air/fuel mixture?
my car feels as if it is missing or skipping a cylinder and feels low on power. i've already checked the spark plugs, the injectors, and the fuel filter, and everything seems ok, so i figure it may be an air problem. also white smoke flows from the muffler when i really step on the gas.
help would be appreciated. thanks.

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a serious fuel economy prob that I am sure is related to the air flow meter. Is there a way to adjust the fuel input from somewhere besides adjusting the air flow meter. It costs me like 4$ just to go like 12 miles or something like that. if you learn anything mail me would you thanks.

· Registered
3,319 Posts
The air bypass screw on the AFM is simply a minor adjustment for IDLE emissions. Period. If you have white smoke coming from the tailpipe you need to be looking at possible head gasket blown. Have tested for hydrocarbons in antifreeze or bubbles in radiator when running. Compression check also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.