ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and HOLY COWl. full three inches, crushed bent.

no muffler, from the cat back.

$100...

and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!

the engine sounds great, and it FIXED my upper RPM problem!

i can actually hit 60MPH in 2nd gear now! its unreal! this car is SO much faster...now i see why it has more potential than my 280

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice!

I wont have a cat on mine, I'm thinking open pipe from the turbo to the back box.

Post Edited (Sep 15, 10:42am)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
AWESOME! I am glad to hear that we have gotten closer to converting you, haha.

The z31 has fantastic potential that is just waiting to be tapped. There are more then a couple people running around out there in the 400, 500, and even 600 horsepower range utilizing the VG30E(T) engine.

popedabubble - where are you at and did you run the pipe yourself or did you have a shop do it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did at at G and S muffler for $100...same exact way the old pipe went....im in marietta

i cant wait to get a high flow cat and 3 inch DP.

after that it should be REAL good...
that and a manual boost controler, and thats all the money im spednding on this sucker.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Again bubbles you didn't do your homework OR maybe you did and decided you didn't care becuase you don't plan to put money into this 300zx. It's doubly important on a turbo to get mandrel bends for the exhuast. A 3 inch crushed bent I think is something like 2.6-2.8 diameter depending on the bend and who is doing the bending. If you think that cat back exhuast helped imagine how much better it would be with a true 3 inch. With intake and exhuast alone that 300zx, if in proper tune, should run with your 280z. A simple 50 dollar boost controller will have your 300zx out running your 280z with no problem. It seems the turbo bug may have you now....

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Yep, I was gonna say something about crused exhuast being very detrimental to engine performance, but I figured you'd get that on your own...lol :)

Make us proud.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Yup mandrel bent is the way to go on a turbo, on the NA's it dosnt really matter though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they didnt do mandral bent...and....well...if it was anymore money forget it...

recap-im not speding too much money on this car. if a manual boost controller is $50, ill get it. nothing more than that though. maybe a BOV, and THATS IT.

this is a daily driver commuter to school.

shes got 240000 miles on the clock, and im not going to drive the heck out of it.

but hey...280Z/300ZX, i do realize what a FULL 3 in exhaust would be, dont worry :-0

·
Registered
169 Posts
Mandrel bent isn't that important if you only have an intake and mbc to go along with it, plus it's a whole lot cheaper. I only paid $75 for my turbo back 3" exhaust. The price of a mandrel bent exhaust equals what I usually pay to upkeep my car on a yearly basis. I only got the crush bent b/c it's all I could afford. Either get that or keep the original exhaust on which was rusting out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ive got a nicer Z than the 300.

the 300 is my "beater" car

·
Registered
169 Posts
sheesh...stupid post...that's no good. I'm not sure how serious you were being, but since I had NO other option than a crush-bent exhaust, I put on a crush-bent exhaust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.