ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This sound and probably is a stooopid question, but does any of you mechanical gurus know if there are any useful parts off a(both89') olds ciera(v6) and honda civic for an 83'zx? i liked to pull whatever useful before it gets hauled(both not working-wrecked)
also, would anyone know where i can post an ad for the civic as a parts car for the sorry ass ricers (heheeheheh). i hate to see it go for nothing.
thanks

· Registered
5,961 Posts
I am positive that Zuber means the honda AC/heater interior blower fan (fan and motor) will bolt into your Z replacing the lower rpm blower motor. Meaning your windows and stuff will defrost and you can heat or cool the inside of your car.

As far as parts from those cars go, I really can't think of anything that would be useful. I could be wrong but I don't even think the spare tire from the honda (4 lug) will fit due to bolt pattern. Relays are always good to have as are fuse blocks and extra wiring. Side view mirrors may be something to keep - people tear them up or they may fit on a Z or ZX.

Matt

· Registered
3,488 Posts
Alternator

You MIGHT be able to use the GM alternator. It might be worth it if it is the correct model and it puts out more amps than your current one. Probably wouldn't hurt to check into it. You'd need to modify the bracket and maybe eliminate your regulator. But if you're putting out enough amps now and you don't plan massive amperage usage such as high powered stereo, it might not be worth the trouble.

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Re: Alternator

well, I don't know how much power your 83 is putting out, or if you ever plan on switching to a turbo motor, but if either of your parts cars have cold start injectors, I'd grab them, as well, as the fuel injectors. Injectors don't come cheap and you may find a use for them down the line. shoot, if you reall want to have fun and don't live in town...start up the cars...drain the oil...drop a brick on the gas and see how long they last...make sure you have fire extinguisher around...and stand back. Its a **** of a lot of fun...lol

· Registered
1,153 Posts
Blown Civics?

Sorry to mislead. I did indeed mean the a/c-heater blower motor.

I was unaware that any Honda Civic came with a blower! Can you imagine what a sleeper that would be?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.