ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why you you rippin on me? My tach has got lots of comliments as to where I installed it. I dont much like the size of it either, but my factory tach dont work due to the stand alone, and a tach is a rather important gauge dont you think?? It was installed high as to not look to ricey. Besides, you look at my whole car, and make fun of the tach?? You better check yourself. But anyway thanks for the compliment!! Z-ya

Post Edited (May 6, 12:03pm)

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You can't insult 88hybrid unless you've put more time/money/effort into your car than he has! That is one Z that has gotten a lot of love and attention. Converted from N/A to turbo, and that was only the beginning. What else is there to say?

I'm still hoping 88 will show up at the Branson Z Fest so I can see the Black "Beauty" in person!

Post Edited (May 6, 12:40pm)

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels are Reiken. A German 2 peice wheel. 15x8 size. Made for Z31. Tires are ZR rated Yokies 225-60-15. I dont want to loose the 80's look. Plus these wheels are about the best choice for all around performance as they are lightweight, wide, and they still retain a good ride, and no bent wheels. You will not be able to buy these. They are as old as the car itself.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wasnt trying to rip on you, was just making a joke.....dont take things too seriously.....i too have put a lot of work into my Z, and have a lot of respect for a clean car like yours

by the way have you ever taken it to the track?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not yet, Im still looking for an LSD, kinda sensless without it. I just anialate the rear tire(S) thru 3rd gear, But I assume it is a 12 second car. We'll see, I dont usually talk out my ass about things I dont know yet.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Custom T-3, machined /polished compressor housing, s-trim wheel, screwed in thrust bearing, turbonetic actuator. A stock t3 will support about 320 hp at peak efficiantcy (about 17psi), Mine will support 370 hp at higher efficiantcy level (about 21 psi) I use the SDS stand alone. Somewhat easy to install, Took a year to fully program all parameters. Driveability was what took so long, tuning fuel in the vaccum range without a wide band is ****!! But as long as you make a smooth timing and fuel curve with no dips, or peaks it should run well. You can dyno tune like I did for max torque, after its tuned for street drivability. Buy a wideband if you go with a S-Alone. It will make youre life much easier. Z-ya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.