ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me know when the standards for personal attacks and unrestrained abuse in this group have tightened. Until then, bye. I have much more fun things to do with my time ( such as working on my cars. )

Doug Dawson
[email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Please don't go....

> Let me know when the standards for personal
> attacks and unrestrained abuse in this group
> have tightened. Until then, bye. I have much
> more fun things to do with my time ( such as
> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

Hey Doug,

Please don't let a few bad apples ruin a good thing. This site was created as a free forum, and thus anyone can post. I agree the flames get high on occasion, but to leave. I personally enjoy your presence on the board, and read most of your posts. You bring a lot to this place. If nothing else, make a pledge to raise the standards. I will back you, not that I am anyone of consequence, but none the less a difference can be made. All I am saying is DON'T GO. We need to stick together a Z owners. There are very few of us as it is. Sometimes it does feel like a clan war is going on, but I hope we are all here for the same reason. I for one do not want to see a valuable asset to the ZCar forum walk away with a bad feeling about other Z'ers. Please reconsider.

Thanks for your time

John Bean Bandit Cooney

(High Energy Physics TA&M PV)

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

Doug I agree with Beans response hole hartedly. I am not sure what was said/typed (I did not see any posts), but I am sure they were way off base.

In your court Z Buddy

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey Doug!...whatsa matter?

> Hey Doug,

> Please don't let a few bad apples ruin a
> good thing. This site was created as a free
> forum, and thus anyone can post. I agree the
> flames get high on occasion, but to leave. I
> personally enjoy your presence on the board,
> and read most of your posts. You bring a lot
> to this place. If nothing else, make a
> pledge to raise the standards. I will back
> you, not that I am anyone of consequence,
> but none the less a difference can be made.
> All I am saying is DON'T GO. We need to
> stick together a Z owners. There are very
> few of us as it is. Sometimes it does feel
> like a clan war is going on, but I hope we
> are all here for the same reason. I for one
> do not want to see a valuable asset to the
> ZCar forum walk away with a bad feeling
> about other Z'ers. Please reconsider.

> Thanks for your time

> John Bean Bandit Cooney

> (High Energy Physics TA&M PV)

Hey Doug,

Whatsa matter? I hope you don't mean me when you talk of personal attacks. You know you deserved what you got. It's not nice to condescend.

Having said all that, I'll be sad to see you go. You've got some good info and lots of excellent advice (with one exception).

Your bud and fellow Z lover,

Simon

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Hey Doug,

Whatsa matter? I hope you don't mean me when you talk of personal attacks. You know you deserved what you got. It's not nice to condescend.

Having said all that, I'll be sad to see you go. You've got some good info and lots of excellent advice (with one exception).

Your bud and fellow Z lover,

Simon

> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I don't know if you still check the forum, but let me say that you have been a great resource for me personally, and i'm sure everyone will back me up on that. As far as your somewhat offbeat humour concerns, some people will never understand it, and it is to the best to let them pass, as i'm for one can say that it made this forum just so much better.Cheers and i hope you will find time in the future, to answer the Q's of the ones in search.;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

I need all the good advice I can get in restoring my Z - this is serious business for me -mistakes cost a lot of money. Hope you will reconsider Doug . Your knowledge is valuable to the group. Jerry 83 Z

·
Registered
290 Posts
The facts of Net life - Doug don't you agree?

I looked back and I believe it was Sammy in CT's question about Automatic Climate Control that got things started with Doug (and maybe other posts as well). But Doug, you know well enough that attacks are a frequent occurrance in net-communication. Insults are thrown around without regard to personal respect due to the anonymous nature of the media. Most comments would not make it past a person's lips in a face to face discussion.

Alot of us can remember when this forum was dead, and only 1 or 2 posts per day were made, and Autoforum was the active forum. Now the tide has turned and there are going to be a wide variety of brains and egos posting here (me, I'm on the short end of that stick). In fact, there is only one way to keep the attacks to a minimum, and (as hard as it is) that is to not post in response to outrageous personal attack. I know, I know you have to defend yourself, and I agree, and you always do it in a 'above board' way. But sometimes these things go on and on and on, and you have to simply move on. You can't please everyone, ever. But you have managed to please most of us, and helped us. I like your wry sense of humor and some others may not. That is a simple fact of life. State your case, defend your opinion, then move on.

P.S. I've kept your e-mail address so I can ask my suspension questions later. You can't get away that easy!

> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]
Doug,

Personally, as a newbie to the forum and the Z way of life, I am sorry to see you go. Hang around for us new guys. Good advice is hard to find.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: Manners Training

When I was a wee pup my parents taught me that the proper answer to any suggestion or advice was: Thank you for your input. Didn't matter if the advice was good, bad or insane. Same answer for them all. Just because we can hide behind the anonymity of the internet doesn't give us the right to be free-er with our speech. I have had to back off on several responses in the past because, just before I hit the post reply button, I considered if I would say it that way face to face. We should all proof read our posts for accurracy, content, and courtesy. Remember - by posting on the forum you are asking for answers.
Besides - Doug - you can't leave until you post your Z acronym dictionary.
Stick around buddy,
Phantom

·
Registered
625 Posts
Doug, don't go!!!

You can't let a couple of rude people stop you from dispensing your vast knowledge relating to Z automotive issues!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Doug, don't go!!!

You can't let a couple of rude people stop you from dispensing your vast knowledge relating to Z automotive issues!!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
DON'T GO DOUG!!!

Why dont you SSSTTTAAAYY AAAYYY just a little bit LLLOOONNNGGEERRR Please stay and saya you will STAY!!!

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
I've been away for a week or so. So I have know idea of what started all of this. Doug if you do leave you will be missed by all of us. I for one understand and appreciate your wit and wisdom.
Good luck in the new year.
Rob,

P.S. What was the post that started all of this?

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Sorry to see you go, Doug! I appreciate all the info you have given me and I will miss reading your posts. You have been a valuable resource to me.

Bob A.

> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
Sorry to see you go, Doug! I appreciate all the info you have given me and I will miss reading your posts. You have been a valuable resource to me.

Bob A.

> working on my cars. )

> Doug Dawson
> [email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.