Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Here goes...
Today I changed my heater hoses. What a PITFA by the way... Ordered some from Coz about a month ago, and finally found the time to replace my leaky bike-tire-patched one, and the other for good measure.
I flushed out the entire system. Found the info from MaxDoc on how to open up the heatercore for a flush using the diagnostics for the auto climate control.(search is my friend) Put the hoses on.. filled'er back up with coolant, and bled the cooling system. Voila... done. Right?
Well, after taking it for a drive afterwords, I'm not hitting full boost. Engine was warm... Thought everything was ok... now on my Autometer Boost gauge, I'm hitting about 9psi. Even the stock gauge is reading low... It's definately not pulling like it should...
Am I in safety boost?
Will running the codes tell me if I'm in safety boost?
I did get a few things a little wet when I flushed out the system... I did take my compressor, and blow everything electrical, and mechanical off... or so I thought...
I know.. I'm on my way down to run the codes now...
Do I see what we find?
Wait until tomorrow when everything has dried enough and see what happens then?
I looked for a vacuum line that might have pulled off, and everything looked ok.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
can you link me to all the information you got about the heater core.. maybe i'm not searching as good as you. i have no heat in my car and i can't figure it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.