ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to install a 10" sub in the rear to get rid of the 2 12" that i have. I checked into the Stealth Box and I can't believe what they are asking for that unit. Sooooo anyone know of something like a stealth box that is out there for a REASONABLE price?
MaxDoc

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Dr. O'conner

This guy seems to do good work:

<http://twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=classified&msg_id=95205>

Post Edited (Jan 20, 7:26am)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Hi Maxdoc, I would say that short of building something yourself, the JL stealth box is probably the most unintrusive design.

I built my own box, similar to what is linked to by Jesse.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
There was a post on TwinTurbo.net in classifieds where a guy was selling TWO of the boxes like the link above. Cheap too! Not sure what day it was posted but was in the last week.

I have one of ChrisZ's sub boxes, quality is excellent!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just make one yourself. Mine has a 12" DVC located on the rear shelf. If you have a 2 seater and don't have a rear strut bar, the box is a simple rectangle made of 5/8 mdf and is only about 7 in taller than the shelf, with a volume of 1 cu. ft.

If you want it to not be obvious, make a cover with a cutout over the sub and cover the whole thing with matching carpet. You still have all of the trunk for your stuff and have a little thump.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I think MaxDoc's 10" will be plenty sufficient. I agree with them that the guy from TT.net probably has the most "stock" looking boxes. They still allow you to put you t-tops and stuff in the hatch. With the hatch closed, it's look just like an interior body panel. Still, a lot more space is used up than the stealth box.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You could see if someone can build one for you? I built my own for my 280. A 10" is plenty in a Z. I have a 10 in my 200sx and it's plenty. I prefer Rock so I like it to hit faster.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought a box at best buy for my 10" eclipse sub that JUST HAPPENED to be the exact dimensions of the parcel tray and it fits perfectly. its angled towards the hatch and sounds pretty solid.

when i park i just slide one of my t-top shades right over the face so with the hatch closed the system is pretty invisible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.