ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some good procedure for changing the springs with the head on the engine? I ordered the matching springs/retainers with the cam because I want max performance from the cam swap. Any other datsun-specific cam installation tips are greatly appreciated. On initial startup, what should I do? I am familliar with V-8 cam break-in (fluctuating RPM's between 2500-3500 for 30 mins). Is the cam break in the same (as critical?) on these engines? Again thanks for any good advice.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Re: OK I ordered the Schneider cam...now I need so

There is a lot of posts in the Archives on how to change the valve springs with the head on (SearchZCAR.COM). Just make sure you break the cam in above the lowest operating range for the cam you bought. Really with the heavy duty springs it is less pressure on the cam the higher rpms you break it in at. My buddy who owns one of the auto machine shops suggested 4000rpm for 20min for my 2500-6500rpm cam with the same springs you have. I had to run it a little lower than that to keep the engine temp down though cause the fan doesn't run at that rpm..
SearchZCAR.COM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.