ZCar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I’ve found the problem as to why it wouldn’t turn on for anything, it was the yellow wire from ignition switch, to pcm. It will fire up, but only for a second and then die. Any suggestions other than putting the air flow meter back on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hve a friend help you. start it and use starting fluid to see of the car will stay running. If it does its most likly a fuel issue. if it doesnt, its most likly an ingition power issue.
Thats where I would start now that you know it will run.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hve a friend help you. start it and use starting fluid to see of the car will stay running. If it does its most likly a fuel issue. if it doesnt, its most likly an ingition power issue.
Thats where I would start now that you know it will run.
Ok, I got starter fluid, put the AFM back on and it did run for longer. It was on for maybe 4 seconds and it ran a lot stronger to the point where the throttle would actually do something instead of me just going half-3/4 throttle and it still turned off. There are a ton of emissions hoses that need to be checked out like the Vacuum Modulator and also the evap now that ive got an aftermarket fuel cell. The evap valve is probably just straight up open or it could be something else. Either way, need to check those hoses as well as some other things. So with the AFM connected and no starting fluid, runs 3-4 seconds then turns off. With starting fluid it still turns off in 3-4 seconds

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are the injectors clicking?
I will check that out later today. They may need cleaning. Who knows how long the guy who sold it to me had it sitting. And if you’re from southwest Missouri or Northeast Oklahoma, the weather here isn’t exactly optimal for the fuel injection to be kept in amazing condition. I will look for a way to clean em

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i am think more is the ecu working. running for a few seconds could be just running off the CSV if it firing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold
i am think more is the ecu working. running for a few seconds could be just running off the CSV if it firing.
Another thing that could be wrong is the engine bay vacuum hoses. I have something plugged that could be a vacuum leak. The hose port next to the evap sensor it looks like was plugged. I took it off. Here’s a photo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My last post was also about the ECU. It’s got corrosion due to water getting in the car. If it did get into the ECU, then maybe an alcohol solution along with a brush could be the thing. If not, then I’ll have to do more testing...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts