ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Oil Temp gauge works intermittenly, like when I hit a bump sometimes it will work and most of the time not. It is a needle type gauge split with Oil Pressure below it. It works fine as I replaced the sensor there.
I have changed the Oil Temp sensor and I know the electrical connection under the car is tight & proper.
I am thinking it could be a loose connection on the back of the gauge itself.
Has anyone else experienced this and can you reach the back of the gauge though the glove box area to feel the wire at the gauge,without disassembly of the dash?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
let us know what happens when you get behind the guage. Im having the same problem with those guages in my SS

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red always said if your Oil Pressure gauge is working,not to worry about the temp too much.
I will check it out sometime when our goofy weather straightens out and warm weather stays.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
yeah Im sure we dont have to worry about it but Im the anal type that likes everyone working.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Me too Ha!

·
Registered
16 Posts
My Oil Gauge does the same thing. Works when it wants to. I personally think it is the mechanics in the gauge itself rather than it being a sensor or wiring. I think the ol' thing is just worn out. TO AUTOMETER!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.