ZCar Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of people say that aftermarket oil sending units are no good. How about Borg Warner??? I tried the nissan dealership, but after 25 minutes on the phone with the guy putting me on hold and keep on asking me what was the part again, got me mad so i call pep boys. What brand have you tried and didn't think they were good..

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Go Mail Order</b>

Dude....

Motorsports have the right stuff on this one. Ya can get as fancy as you want to as well... They have one of those chrome covers for the sending unit too... It won't make ya go any faster, but it shines real nice. That is if ya want that kind of stuff.

Check them out... its worth the time. Of course, there's other mail order places that are well known too.

Dennis

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: Go Mail Order

Do you have any info on Motorsports. Email, address, phone. etc.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>Yea... I do.... Hang On</b>

Herb,

While I go and look up the info. Go and look at your sending unit. There were two types. Low and High profile. I'm not sure if the high (longer length) is still avail.

Are ya any good with a wrench?

Be right back,
Dennis

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: oil sending unit</b>

Herb,

Here is there home page.

http://www.zcarparts.com/

Order the part and they will give ya a catalog. Do a search on them "Motorsport" and it will most likely turn up a phone number. Their in Orange, Calif.

Now if you know how to turn a wrench, you can fix the one you already have. I think I saw the article at the Datsun Garage home page... but could be wrong. I would need to look it up to be sure. Some of the guy's keep count on the number of the mistakes a person makes in replies... and I made one yesterday...

Dennis

P.S. I was very close tho....

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>RE: oil sending unit</b>

Motorsport Auto's phone number is 800-633-6331. It is frequently busy and can take a long time to get through.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
<b>What I recommend.</b>

Get the oil pressure sending unit from a Datsun 1969 SPL 311. It is said to be a more accurate unit. I bought one for my car and have had no problems.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
RE: What I recommend.Nissan part 25078-32200

roadster sending unit, and
#15133-e4620 and #15133-22010 inner and outer oil pump Nissan comp springs
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.