Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all:
I replaced my oil sending unit on my 78Z (old one leaked) and now the oil pressure is reading about 80 lbs. First too low and now too high a reading. Is there a way to check the accuracy of the the oil sending unit, or is this no big deal? Thanks to all for the previous response to my post of Nov. 15.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
excuse me....I should have clarified this a bit. Prior to the oil sending unit leak, the oil pressure read in the middle of the gauge. After the leak begin, it started to read a bit lower than before. Now with the new oil sending unit, it reads at about 80 lbs. Goes to this level at start up and stays there until the car warms up a bit, then drops below that point at idle, then goes back up when I accelerate and stays there until I stop or slow down. What's going on here?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The stock sender reads a bit low. There are aftermarket senders, and senders from later model Nissans that read the same way.

My sender (which I got from Nissan) came from a Sentra. It reads the same pressures that yours does.

Am I worried? Nah. From watching the gauge, I can tell that it is actually reading oil pressure. I can tell if the pressure is lower than normal, and it is slightly higher than normal on cold mornings, prior to warmup. As far as I'm concerned, All Systems Go,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.