ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving home from work today, I glanced down at my gauges and noticed the oil gauge reading 0. As I down shifted from forth to third to turn onto my road, the gauge jumped up about three bars (I have a digital dash) then back down to 0, and would do this evrytime I downshifted. And at idle it would read right below 40, then as i accelerated, it would jump back and forth to below 40 to 0 as I upshifted. I checked the oil in the car after letting it sit for bout 30 mins and the oil level is fine. Is my oil pressure sensor goin out? Is it an easy fix to do?

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I never trusted that **** digi dash.
it could be your oil sending unit which is right by your oil filter, same shape just much smaller, you can't miss it, change it next time you change oil.
keep your eyes on the oil light, if that come on you're in trouble stop right away

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had that problem with my '84 na and as related above the sensor was the kulprit, the leads from the sensor are also easy to short, in other words make sure when you check it, the leads do not touch each other, if they do, you will get a zero reading. (They short out)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.