ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to replace the oil pan gasket on my 280zx. what i was wonderin is if i have to raise the engine up to do it. i've heard people say that i do and some say i dont. i was just wonderin whats yall opinions are on this subject. ne help would be great.

·
Registered
171 Posts
well, ive got a 240 so im not sure about your 280zx in particular, but in most cases it would just require you dropping the oil pan and replacing the gasket. Should be very simple:
-First drain all the oil
-Next get under the engine and remove all bolts the hold the oil pan to the block
-Remove/ scrape away old gasket
-This is a good time to see if there are any metal shavings in the bottom of the pan
-Install new gasket
-Tighten bolts down to proper specs

Should be pretty easy. Good Luck

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what i've been told is that u have to jack the engine up a little bit so there is clearance so u dont crush the oil sump. that is my main concern.kc280zx wrote:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes unfortunately you do have to Jack the engine up a bit. Look for previous posts. I posted this same question a while back and got tons of info on how to accomplish this. Just leave the bolts on the engine mounts otherwise it's a real pain getting the engine back in the holes in the engine mount.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.