ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to check my radiator coolant level and noticed that there were droplets of oil floating on the antifreeze. Is this a prelude to something serious, (blown headgasket or warped head) or could it be something else? I haven't noticed any excessive oil consumption, white smoke or loss of collant.

·
Registered
107,695 Posts
You have a leak between either the head and the block or the timing cover and the block. Usually the head, could be a bad gasket, a crack or it could be warped although it usually won't warp unless it's badly over heated. If you just noticed it and the cars running good chances are it's just a rotten head gasket.NBD

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm right in the middle of a head gasket change right now, which started a year ago as a bit of oil in the antifreeze. I thought, this should be the other way around, why don't I have milky oil???? The gasket was rotten with some of the metal rings around the cylinder pushed oblong, and one rings beginning to disapear. Although foolish me waited untill it puked its coolant all over the convenience store parking lot to change the gasket (i really did'nt want to touch the maze of vacume lines and wires and things I cannot conceive a use for). (but it was'nt that bad once I got into it.) Good luck with your trouble shooting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.