Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just purchased a "73" 240Z all in parts (body and engine). I am new to the Z world although I own two of these cars. My problem is with the crankshaft case lubrication system. The car I purchased came with an L24 engine block. While I have been studying the mechanical books on this type of engine, I noticed that the book indicated to the installation of an oil distr. tube. I looked all over the whole inside of the engine and cannot even find predrilled holes for this tube to be connected to. If anyone knows what I can do or if it even is needed. please let me know. Thank You!!

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
What they may be refering to is....

The cam oiler. If you remove your rocker cover there is a tube that bridges the cam journals and dirrects a stream of oil at each rocker assy and cam lobe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello again,

Thank You very much to the people who quickly responded to my questions. Well since yesterday I have spent some time searching for answers to why their is no pre drilled holes for the distribution oil tube, and what I found out is that the engine is an N24 and does not need the oil tube because the engine head is self lubricating. Please let me know if the info I recieved is correct. Again there is no place for an oil tube anywhere on the cam bearings, so it seems that this engine would not need it. It has been rebuilt, and I really dont have any info on what was done to the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.