ZCar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so today i got around to ohming my injectors after have a ruff idle problem the other night. i got all the injectors but one. so the the second injector back on the driver side of the car ohmed out at 17.8? does that sound right ? the ones in front and behind that injector ohmed out at 11.7 and 12. .....ok..... now on the other side the first injector was ohming out @ 1.7- 2.5 ? does that sound right and the one behind that was 11.8 - 12.0 and i did not have time to get to the last one on that side by the fire wall... what do you think? does it sound like i did the testing ok ?
do those # sound right ?
P.S i ohmed the injecters out because i had a ruff idle that will put the check engine ligth on and the code i get is injector cir but i have to rerun the pcm to see if there are any new code because the only time the engine light comes on is when the car is running ruff. and the car does not always run ruff. sorry about the spelling

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Be sure the connectors are clean or you could get weird readings. The desired reading is 12.5, but 10-14 is still ok. Anything out of that range is out, or on its way.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The one that's less then 2 ohms sounds shorted. Recheck the one that's 17.8 ohms and verify that the contact points are clean. If it repeats at above 13.8 ohms then it's trash as well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what do you mean the injector is shorted ?

·
Registered
6,813 Posts
He means that the reading you got was very low -- that would mean that the injector coil (many wraps of very thin lacqured wire) has come apart and coil wraps are touching one another. This condition causes electric current to take a "short" route thru the injector -- in other words it's shorted out.

It may turn out to be a total short - could be reading 1 or 2 ohms due to some contact issues with the connectors? I would call that injector "toast" - but would double check the reading right at the injector connnectors just to verify.

PS - From your earlier posting the other day -- thought you were planning to do the resistance measures from the ECU wire connector. If you did these readings at the injectors -- one of them is gone and looks like the one with the 17.8 reading could be toast too!

FYI -- As a comparision: Original injectors on my Z all tested out at 11.6 to 12 ohms ('91 2+2 with about 92k miles)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help ill go re-ohm then tomorrow, and let you all know how it goes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.